What is Telstra IP Telephony (TIPT) – VoIP?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol, but, in layman’s terms, can be defined as a phone service over the Internet.
Telstra Internet Protocol Telephony (TIPT) is a flexible service that allows business owners greater control and management over their phone operations.
How does VoIP work?
VoIP can convert analogue signals (from your telephone) into digital data that can travel over the Internet. When you make a call, your voice data is transformed into a digital “packet”, transmitted to its destination address (the person you are calling), and transformed back into sound signals.
This back and forth transmission of data results in a voice call that is transmitted over the Internet – VoIP!
Who should use it?
The digital technology involved with conducting audio calls over an Internet Protocol is useful for a multitude of business types. Consider the following questions for your own business:
1. Do you receive a high volume of calls on a day-to day basis, like a call centre does? Think how automation and queuing can help manage the influx of calls.
2. Would you like to outsource staff? Telstra’s IP telephony means your phone system does not have to be hosted in the one location, so you can take advantage of employees who work from home or who are located in remote areas. This offers an enormous amount of flexibility for your business operations!
Incoming calls are seamlessly transferred from one location to the other, so you can maintain that quality customer service even when your employees are in different locations.
3. Is business growth, or an office relocation, in the future? A VoIP system can grow with your business; just add new phones as you need them. Additionally, you won’t lose your number when moving offices.
4. Are long-distance calls a common part of your communication procedure? VoIP provides affordable call rates when dialling internationally.
5. Do you expect high voice quality for your business? So you should! A good quality, reliable phone system will help position your business as professionals. VoIP services have improved vastly over time that it’s near impossible to tell the difference between a regular landline call and a VoIP call!
Advantages of VoIP:
VoIP can help to reduce phone bills dramatically due to the nature of the connection. Oftentimes, VoIP services are taken care of through your monthly internet billing.
Ease of use: it’s easy to set up, and easy to use – every time!
VoIP has many features that regular phone services provide, including caller ID, call waiting, transfers, and ‘return call’ and ‘forward call’ features.
Telstra IP Telephony – TIPT:
Telstra’s IP Telephony system, referred to as TIPT, is designed with the fast pace of business in mind. Telstra’s phone systems work to overcome problems of managing multiple communication systems.
How can I learn if VoIP and Telstra IP Telephony is right for me?
Simple! Schepisi’s experts can devise and carry out a strategy specifically tailored to your business communication needs – one size doesn’t fit all.
Find out more but requesting a call or getting in touch with Schepisi today.